Monday, March 17, 2008

TV or the Bed?

Our society is clearly centered around the television to the point to where people plan their days around shows. This is not a particular problem until it consumes all that you do. I titled it TV or the Bed because I'm willing to bet that if someone could only afford one or the other some would go with the TV. This problem never really arises due to the fact that if you can afford a bed you can most likely afford a TV. This is more figurative than literal however it would be interesting to see. For example, I was home for a few days over spring break and saw some of this. Since I have been in college I have not had the time or the interest in watching much TV. In high school I had a strict schedule of shows I adhered too. Anyways back to home. I was out to dinner with my parents on Thursday night when all of the sudden I noticed they began to rush to get the bill to pay. At first I didn't think anything of it until I realized they had a show to catch. This is no where close to the extreme i used earlier but is still funny to see. TIVO is a perfect example of how much people need their shows. Twenty years ago TIVO would not have been near as succesful due to so much less television watching. TIVO is so succesful today that everyone of my friends has one inclding myself. People need there shows and TIVO gives them an excuse to obssess even more knowing there is no reason to miss. I am not criticizing anyone who watches a lot of TV rather just stating an observation i made over break. TV is prevalent and taking over its up to everyone who watches to decide if its a problem.

1 comment:

smiley said...

You have some valid points in this post but it is all kind of jumbled up. Your sentences and structure should be much more clear to get a good point across. Put in what your oppinion is instead of just dancing around the point because you dont want to be so assertive. Your blog is the place to tell what your views and ideas are so go ahead and spill it out. There are also some grammer mistakes that you might want to check over quickly, its only little things like the difference between there and their. This is a very interesting topic and I think you should go back to this post and revise it a little and it would be a much better post.